- Exported from MasterCook
Moroccan Orecchiette with Grilled Fish Salad
Recipe By : Wms-Sonoma: Pasta Soups and Salads; Joanne Weir
6 Preparation Time :
Categories : Pasta Salad
Wms Sonoma Xport
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
12 ounces pasta -- dried orecchiette
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika -- sweet
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 garlic cloves -- minced
1/2 small yellow onion -- minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro -- (coriander)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper --:--
1 pound tuna steak -- or swordfish fillet
1 tablespoon olive oil --:--
1 lemon -- cut into 6 wedges
1. Prepare a fire in an outdoor charcoal grill or preheat a broiler (griller).
2. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Cook the pasta
(12-15 minutes); drain and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Cover and cool
completely in the refrigerator, 1-24 hours.
3. To make the sauce, in the work bowl of a food processor with the metal
blade or a blender, combine the cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, garlic,
onion, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and puree until smooth.
4. Coat the tuna or swordfish with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Grill the fish over a medium-hot fire or broil (grill), turning
occasionally, until opaque throughout when pierced with a knife, 64
minutes. Set aside until the fish is cool enough to handle. Place on a
cutting surface and cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) cubes.
5. In a large bowl, combine the sauce, orecchiette and fish. Toss to mix well.
6. To serve, place in a serving bowl or divide among individual plates and garnish with the lemon wedges. Add tomato slices and lettuce leaves for more color. Serve at room temperature.
35.1% CFF: Calories
436 (Kilojoules 1,832): Protein
49 g; Total Fat
17 g: Saturated Fat
3 g; Cbolesterol
227 mg; Dietary Fiber
CHERMOULA (Morocco) - a simple, robust sauce with as many variations as
there are cooks. Recipes by Joanne Weir in Williams-Sonoma Pasta Soups and 1996: Time-Life
6/30/1997 Contact: phannema
phannema Lamb Variation: Use one-third the amount of olive oil and substitute lamb,
blade portion (grilled/broiled) -- serve warm or hot.
36.9% CFF: Calories
463: Total Fat
19 g Serve with a variety of
raw vegetables; lowfat plain yogurt mixed with a mango based hot sauce as a
dip (see Jump Up and Kiss Me, by Jennifer Trainer, for an example).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 1032 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0