- -- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05
Title: Fudgy Tennessee Pie
Categories: Pies, Chocolate
Yield: 8 servings
Pastry for single-crust pie
1/2 c Butter
3 oz Unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 c Sugar
3 tb Light corn syrup
1 ts Vanilla
1/4 ts Salt
1. Line 9 pie plate with pastry. Flute edge. Line
450 for 8 minutes.
Remove foil. Bake 4 - 5 minutes more till crust is set &
dry. When crust is done, reduce oven to 350. Set crust
2. In heavy saucepan, melt butter & chocolate together
over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat &
3. Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, beat eggs with
electric mixer on medium speed for 4 - 5 minutes till thick
& light-colored. Beat in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla &
salt. Then, beat in chocolate mix.
4. Pour mix into partially baked pastry. Bake 350 for 35 minutes (center will still be soft). Do Not Overbake!.
Cool. Serve cool or wamr with ice cream Serves 8.
NOTE: For a brownie sundae, serve pie with your choice
of toppers to spoon & sprinkle over the ice cream.
From Midwest Living, Oct. '94 submitted by Mary Belding of
5 years old in
1962, Mary was on
an ancestry-hunting trip with her mother, grandmother, 2
aunts & a cousin, through Missouri, Tennessee & Kentucky.
They discovered this fudgy, brownie-like pie recipe on a
paper placemat at a restaurant in Nashville, TN Kim Clegg --