- -- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05
Title: Chocolate Marbled Peanut Butter Cookies
Categories: Cookies, Chocolate
Yield: 1 servings
1 1/4 c Firmly-packed brown sugar
3/4 c Creamy peanut butter
1/2 c Crisco shortening
3 tb Milk
1 tb Vanilla
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
3/4 ts Baking soda
3/4 ts Salt
1 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C). Place sheets of foil on
countertop for cooling cookies.
2. Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric
mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed
mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
4. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl.
50% (MEDIUM) power for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat,
if necessary, until melted and blended. Cool chocolate a
few minutes. Pour over dough and mix lightly into dough
with wooden spoon or spatula. DO NOT MIX CHOCOLATE
COMPLETELY INTO COOKIE DOUGH.
5. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls (15 mL) of dough 2 inches (5
cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in
crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
6. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) for 7
to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. DO
NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove
cookies to foil to cool completely.
Makes: About 3 dozen cookies --