- -- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05
Title: Rainbow Brownie Cookies
Categories: Cookies, Chocolate
Yield: 1 servings
1 1/2 c Firmly-packed brown sugar
2/3 c Crisco shortening
1 tb Water
1 ts Vanilla
1 1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/3 c Cocoa
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Baking soda
12 oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c Crisco shortening
2 c Icing sugar
3 tb Milk
1/2 ts Vanilla
Coloured sugar crystals
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C). Place sheets of foil on
countertop for cooling cookies.
2. For cookies, combine brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric
mixer until well blended. Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in
semi-sweet chocolate chips.
4. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough 2 inches (5
cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) for 7
to 9 minutes, or until cookies are set. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to
6. For frosting, combine shortening, icing sugar, milk and vanilla in medium bowl. Beat at low speed of electric mixer
until well blended. Scrape bowl. Beat at high speed for 2
minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Divide frosting into 4
small bowls. Add different food colour to each bowl, one
drop at a time, until desired shade is reached. (One or two
drops should be sufficient to achieve a soft, pastel
colour.) Top cookies with frosting and sprinkle with
coordinating coloured sugar crystals. Makes: About 3 dozen