- MMMMM-- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02
Title: HERB ROASTED RABBIT AND POTATOES
Categories: Game, Rabbit
Yield: 6 servings
4 lb Rabbit
Rinsed & patted dry
8 md Red potatoes
24 lg Cloves garlic
6 tb Olive oil
4 oz Slab bacon,
6 tb Fresh rosemary leaves OR 2 tb Dried rosemary
2 ts Coarsely ground black pepper
Coarse salt, to taste
6 Sprigs rosemary, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees 2. Place the potatoes and garlic
cloves in a large shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of
the olive oil, and toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. While the potatoes and garlic are roasting, combine the bacon
and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet, and place over low
heat. Cook just until the bacon begins to wilt. Then remove the bacon
with a slotted spoon, and set it aside.
4. Saute the rabbit, in batches if necessary, in the skillet,
setting the pieces aside as they are browned. Reserve 2 tablespoons
of the pan drippings.
5. Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and reduce the heat to 350
6. Add the rabbit, rosemary, pepper, coarse salt, reserved pan
drippings, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the roasting pan with
the potatoes and garlic. Toss thoroughly, and return the pan to the
oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the top, and bake until the
meat is tender and the vegetables are golden, another 20 minutes.
8. Arrange the mixture on a warmed platter, and garnish with the
Source: found floating in Cyberspace and formatted to MM format by
Fred Goslin in Watertown NY on Cyberealm Bbs home of KookNet