- Garlic-Shallot Butter with Lemon 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup minced shallot
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch -- ground white pepper 1/3 cup full-bodied chardonnay
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon cube (no MSG)
1/2 pound small red "new" potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch-
thick ro 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Grilled Garlic Chicken 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 five-ounce boneless/skinless chicken breasts
For the Pizza 1 recipe Basic Pizza Dough
Cornmeal, semolina or flour for handling 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium- high heat. Add shallot, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring until mixture is light brown,
7 to 8 minutes.
2. Add salt, pepper, wine, lemon juice and chicken base. Cook until the mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup (toward the end of the reduction, reduce the heat to low and stir frequently to prevent scorching).
3. Remove the pan from the heat; quickly and thoroughly whisk in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
4. Preheat oven to
325 degrees F. Combine sliced potatoes with the remainder of the ingredients; coat thoroughly. Transfer the potato slices to a sheet pan; spread them out in a single layer, do not overlap. Discard leftover marinade--do not pour it over the potatoes.
5. Cook the potatoes in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. Some of the slices may need to be flipped over to promote even browning. Remove the potatoes from the oven when they begin to brown. Use a steel spatula to remove the potatoes from the sheet pan. Place potatoes on paper towels at room temperature to drain off any excess oil. Do not refrigerate.
To make Grilled Garlic Chicken: 6. Prepare a hot grill.
7. Combine garlic, soy sauce, salt and olive oil. Marinate the chicken breasts in the garlic oil for about 15 minutes.
8. Grill the chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes on each side (discard any uncooked marinade). Remove the cooked chicken from the grill and chill thoroughly. Cut into 1/2 x 3/4-inch cubes and set aside in the refrigerator.
9. Place the pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to
500 degrees F. for one hour before cooking the pizza.
10. Use a large spoon to spread 2 tablespoons of Garlic-Shallot Butter over the surface of the prepared pizza dough, within the rim. Cover the butter with half the mozzarella. Distribute half the grilled garlic chicken evenly over the cheese.
11. Sprinkle half the rosemary and oregano over the chicken. Place the rosemary potatoes over the other toppings, spaced about 1 inch apart.
12. Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. When cooked, carefully remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle half the parsley over the hot potato topping. Slice and serve
13. Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza. (The 2 pizzas may be prepared simultaneously if you are careful in placing the pizzas at opposite corners of your pizza stone