- 1 lg Ripe tomato
4 Cloves garlic, peeled
4 tb Olive oil, divided
1/4 c Fresh bread crumbs
1/4 c Slivered almonds
1/4 ts Crushed red pepper
1/2 ts Salt
5 tb Red-wine vinegar, divided SALAD:
1 lg White potato
1/4 md Onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 lb Green beans, cut in halves
1 md Zucchini, cut into 1 sm Cucumber, cut into 1/4" Slices, each slice cut in Half
14 Green olives stuff with Pimento, chopped finely
1 Whole canned pimento, diced
1 Hard-cooked egg, coarsely Chopped Freshly ground black pepper To taste
1/4 c Minced parsley
1. To prepare the romesco sauce: Put the tomato and garlic into a small baking pan and roast in a preheated 400-degree oven
20-25 minutes, until tender and starting to brown.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet set on medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and almonds, cooking until golden.
3. Puree the roasted tomato and garlic in a food processor. Add the bread crumb mixture, processing until the almonds are very finely chopped. Add the crushed pepper, cayenne, salt,
4 tablespoons vinegar and the remaining
3 tablespoons olive oil. Process until thickened.
4. To prepare the salad: Cut the potato in half, place in a saucepan, cover with water and cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain; peel and cut into thin slices.
5. Cover the onion with cold water and set aside
10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook
5 minutes, until tender. Remove the beans with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water. Bring the water back to a boil, add the zucchini and time
1 minute. Add to the beans in the ice water. When chilled, drain and pat dry.
6. Combine the potatoes, onions, beans, zucchini, cucumber, olives,