- Exported from MasterCook II
Almond Chocolate Fruitcake Loaf
365 Great Chocolate Desserts - ISBN
1 Preparation Time :
Categories : Chocolate
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
1 C Hazelnuts
1 Stick Butter -- softened
7 Oz Almond Paste
1/2 C Sugar
3 Tbsp Dark Rum Or Amber
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Orange Zest -- grated
1 Tbsp Lemon Zest -- grated
1/2 C Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
6 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Minatures
1/2 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 C Cherry-Pineapple Mix, Asst.Colors, Candied -- chopped
1 1/2 C Pecans -- chopped
1 C Walnuts -- coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 4 1/2 x 12 1/2-inch long loaf pan and line completely with wax paper; grease the paper.
2. Spread out hazelnuts on a small baking sheet. Toast in oven for 10 to 12 mins, or until nuts are lightly browned and dark skins are cracked. Rub warm nuts in a terrycloth towel to remove as much skin as possible.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, almonds paste, and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in rum, vanilla, orange and lemon zests. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and baking powder and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, candied fruits, pecans and walnuts until well mixed. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake about 1 hour, or until cake springs back when touched lightly and top is golden. Let cake cool in pan 30 to 40 mins, then unmold cake by lifting with wax paper onto a wire rack and let cool completely. Carefully peel off wax paper. Wrap cake in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Refrigerate at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks before serving.
1/2-inch or thicker slices for serving. Cut each slice in half or thirds. Loaf also freezes well. For ease in handling and serving, cut loaf into 2 or 3 horizontal pieces and wrap each piece individually.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : This fruitcake, prepared with an almond paste cake base, is studded with chocolate chips, 3 different kinds of nuts, and just a few candied fruits for color. It tastes a lot like chocolate covered marzipan. Be sure to refrigerate it for a couple of days prior to serving for easier slicing.