- Exported from MasterCook
Teddy Bears Cookies
Recipe By : Pillsbury Classic Cookies and Bars
1 Preparation Time :
Categories : Cookies
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
1 1/2 cups brown sugar -- firmly packed
1 cup butter -- softened
2 teaspoons vanilla -- real
2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST flour
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
brown or chocolate decorator icing
red M & Ms
1. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and eggs; blend well.
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine
flour, oats and baking soda; mix well. Add to brown sugar mixture; blend well.
Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
3. Heat oven to 375*F. For each bear, form two 1/2 inch balls and one 1 1/2
inch ball. Place the large ball on ungreased cookie sheet; place smaller piece
on top to form ears. Flatten dough slightly; crimp edges with fork. Repeat
with remaining dough, placing large balls of dough 3 inches apart on cookie
4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool
remove from cookie sheets. Cool 10 minutes or until completely cooled.
5. To decorate, use small round tip on decorator icing; pipe icing on each cookie for eyes and mouth. For nose, use small amount of icing to secure M&M o
cookie. Let icing set before storing. Store in lightly covered container.
2 dozen large cookies.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : A friend will be very pleased to recieve a basket filled with these
oatmeal bears. Tuck a little stuffed bear holding the recipe into the basket
along with the cookies. Makes a great baby shower gift!