- -- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05
Title: Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Categories: Cookies, Chocolate
Yield: 1 servings
1 c Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 c Firmly-packed brown sugar
3/4 c Creamy peanut butter
1/2 c Crisco shortening
3 tb Milk
1 tb Vanilla
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
3/4 ts Baking soda
3/4 ts Salt
1/2 c Coarsely-chopped unsalted
1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Place sheets of foil on
countertop for cooling cookies 2. Place chocolate chips in
a heavy resealable plastic bag or microwave-safe bowl.
100% (HIGH) power for 30 seconds. Knead or stir and repeat, if necessary, until completely smooth.
3. Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk
and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric
mixer until well blended. Add melted chocolate. Beat just
until blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed
mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Stir in
5. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
6. Shape dough into 2-inch (5 cm) balls. Place 5 inches
apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten into 3-inch (7 cm)
patties. Mark cookies in cross-hatch pattern with tines of
7. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) for 8
to 10 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. DO
NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove
cookies to foil to cool completely.
Makes: About 3 dozen cookies --