- Exported from MasterCook
Triple Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie
1 Preparation Time :
Categories : Pies
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
1 9 inch baked pie shell -- (recipe follows)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter -- cut into 1 pieces
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecans (4 ounces) -- toasted, chopped
2 ounces semisweet chocolate -- cut into 2 ounces milk chocolate -- cut into 2 ounces white chocolate -- cut into 1/4 pieces
1. Adjust oven rack to center position, and heat oven to 275 degrees. Place pie shell in
oven if not already warm.
2. Melt butter in medium heatproof bowl set in
skillet of water maintained at just below
simmer. Remove bowl from skillet, mix in sugar
and salt with wooden spoon until butter is
absorbed. Beat in eggs, then corn syrup and vanilla. Return bowl to hot water; stir until
mixture is shiny and warm to the touch, about 130 degrees. Remove from heat, stir in pecans.
3. Pour mixture into warm shell. Scatter
chocolate pieces over pecan mixture. Gently
press them into the filling with the back of
a wooden spoon.
4. Bake until center feels set yet soft, like
55 to 65 minutes.
Transfer pie to rack; let cool completely, at
least 4 hours. Serve pie at room temperature
or warm, with lightly sweetened whipped cream
or vanilla ice cream
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : If you want warm pie, cool the pie thoroughly, then cut and warm it in
a 250-degree oven for about twenty minutes.