- Exported from MasterCook
Chicken Casserole with Potato Dumplings
Recipe By : Miriam P. Posvolsky
4 Preparation Time :
Categories : Main Courses Poultry
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
2 chicken breasts -- with the bones
4 cups chicken stock
4 tomatoes -- peeled and seeded
1/2 onion -- chopped
1/2 bell pepper -- chopped
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1/4 cup pitted green olives -- sliced
1 lb potato
1/2 to 3/4 lb flour
1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
salt and pepper -- to taste
1 lb mozzarella cheese -- diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cook chicken in broth: Bring broth to a boil , dump chicken, bring to a
new boil cover to seal.
2. Turn off heat. Let stand 1 hour, covered.Let cool. Remove skin and bones and shred chicken.
3. Make sauce : Cook onions in oil, stir in garlic, cook 1 minute. Add
bell pepper, cook until wilted. Add chopped tomatoes and season. Simmer 10
4. Add chicken and 1/4 cup broth to sauce. Cook 10 minutes. Set aside.
5. Make dumplings:
6. Cook potatoes in their skins. Peel and mash. Let cool.
7. Stir in flour, seasonings and parmesan to combine until firm.
8. Make 1 1/2 " balls, flatten them and place a dice of mozzarella in the
center. Re shape the ball.
9. Place dumplings in a baking dish all around close to the sides.
10. Place chicken, olives and sauce in the center.
11. You may top ea dumpling with a little butter ( an idea I just had)
12. Sprinkle parmesan on all.
350 for 30 minutes.
From a show on Brazilian TV- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : I made several changes to this dish. The original recipe calls for 1 egg in the potato mixture. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -