- 1 14 lb. turkey
2 c Wild rice
1/2 c Dried apricots, chopped
1/4 c Brandy
7 tb Butter, divided
1/2 Onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 c Chopped celery (1 rib)
2 Cloves garlic, divided,
-minced 1 1/2 ts Dried rosemary, divided,
-crumbled Salt to taste Freshly ground pepper to -taste 1. Remove neck, giblets, and liver from body cavity; wash and dry the
2. Put the wild rice into a colander and rinse. Transfer to a
2 1/2 quarts cold water; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes, until tender. Drain well.
3. Soak the apricots in the brandy for 15 minutes.
4. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch skillet. Add the onion, celery,
1 clove garlic and 1 teaspoon rosemary; cook over medium heat, stirring
5. In a large 3 quart mixing bowl, combine the rice, apricots, brandy and 6. To prepare the basting butter: Melt
3 tablespoons butter; add
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary.
7. Fill the turkey cavity with the wild rice stuffing and truss. Place on
4 to 5 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads
180 to 185 degrees, and the thermometer in the center of the stuffing reads
165 degrees. Baste with seasoned butter every
8. To serve: Remove the trussing and stuffing before slicing.