- -- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02
Title: SHEPHERD'S PIE II
Categories: Meats, Main dish, Pies, Vegetables, Microwave
Yield: 4 servings
2 T Vegetable oil
1 md Onion, thinly sliced
3 md Tomatoes, peeled and thinly
3 T Of butter or margarine
2 T Flour
1 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
1 c Chicken stock or 2 pk Instant chicken broth and 1 c Water
1 1/2 lb Cooked lamb, cut into -inch cubes 3 c Mashed potatoes, leftover,
Or packaged instant potatoes
1. In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, Place
vegetable oil, onion and tomatoes and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4
minutes or until tender. Set aside.
2. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt butter in Microwave
Oven 30 seconds.
3. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or untiI thick- ened and smooth. Stir occasionally.
5. Add sauce and cooked lamb to onion-tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 7 minutes or until almost heated
through (time will depend on temperature of cooked lamb). Top with mashed
3 to 5 minutes or until serving
temperature is reached.
Variation: Cooked beef chunks, ground beef or ground lamb may be
for cooked lamb. --