- Exported from MasterCook
Jeanne Owen's Chili Con Carne
6 Preparation Time :
Categories : Chili
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
1/3 cup Olive oil
3 pounds Beef round,lean --
2 Onions,medium -- finely chopped
3 Garlic cloves,med -- fine chop
4 cups Water -- boiling
1 teaspoon Caraway seeds
2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon Oregano,ground -- pref. Mexican
3 tablespoons Red chile,ground -- hot-mild
1 cup Olives,green -- pitted
2 cans Kidney beans (16oz ea)
1. Heat the oil in a large saute pan or 6-quart braising pan over medium heat.
Add the beef cubes a few at a time, stirring to brown evenly. As they are
browned, remove cubes to a plate and set aside, add more cubes to the pan.
Continue the process, adding more oil if necessary, until all the meat is
2. Add the onions to the pan and cook, stirring, for a few minutes,
3. Return the beef
cubes to the pan, season with salt to taste, then add the boiling water,
caraway and sesame seeds, and oregano.
Gradually stir in the ground chile, tasting until you achieve the degree of
5. Add the olives and simmer,
1 hour longer.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings, the mix in the kidney
beans and heat through.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -