- Exported from MasterCook
Veal Cordon Bleu with Mushroom Sauce
4 Preparation Time :
Categories : Creole Meats
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -- -- --
** NONE **
8 Ham slices,thin
8 Veal cutlets,pounded thin
2 tb Romano cheese,grated
2 tb Parmesan cheese,grated
1 c Bread crumbs,seasoned
3 tb Butter or margarine
1/3 c Shallots,chopped
1/4 c Green bell pepper,chopped
2 Garlic cloves,pressed
1 1/2 c Mushrooms,sliced fresh
1/4 ts Black pepper,cracked
1/2 c Milk
1 cn Cream/mushroom soup
2 tb Marsala
1. Place 2 slices ham on each of 4 veal cutlets.
2. Sprinkle generously with grated cheeses; top with remaining veal, then
press edges together to seal.
3. Dredge cutlets lightly in seasoned flour; dip in egg, then roll in bread
4. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; saute cutlets until
golden, turning once.
5. Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm.
6. Add shallots, bell pepper and garlic to skillet; saute until vegetables
7. Stir in mushrooms and cracked pepper; reduce heat, return cutlets to
skillet and simmer 2 minutes to heat through, turning once.
8. Meanwhile, combine soup and milk in small saucepan; bring to boil,
9. Remove soup from heat; stir in Marsala.
10. Add soup mixture to skillet; continue cooking until sauce reaches
desired thickness. 11. Transfer veal to heated serving platter; spoon sauce over top of meat
and garnish with parsley. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -